Fellowship in Family Medicine
Comprehensive Knowledge of all primary care, e-GP content developed by RCGP UK, Clinical Skills | 1 Year Course |8 Weeks’ Training
80% of health care needs in any nation can be taken care of by the family physician. These days everyone in India wants to be treated by the specialist since a lot of them have disposable incomes to go doctor shopping. To a layperson, it might seem like the most correct thing to do and may feel that super-specialist is very accomplished hence also the most capable to treat his disease.
People don’t realize the importance of a general practitioner or family physician in their healthcare. This would discourage new medical professionals from taking up family medicine. It is just not viable for them.
Family physicians are not average doctors as people would like to think. They have a different set of skills than a subspecialist. While a subspecialist is restricted to a very narrow field of medicine the FP is trained to look at the patient as a whole.
- Primary Healthcare: features; organization; global perspective
- Dimensions of continuity of care, and the family doctor as a gatekeeper.
- Co-ordination of care and making effective referrals. illness and disease; case studies.
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Principles of Health promotion activity
Key Areas Covered under e-GP with Family Medicine Program:
Being a General Practitioner (GP)
- The GP Consultation in Practice
- Patient Safety and Quality of Care
- The GP in the Wider Professional Context
- Enhancing Professional Knowledge
- Promoting Health and Preventing Disease
- Healthy People
- Genetics in Primary Care
- Care of Acutely Ill People
- Care of Children and Young People
- Care of Older Adults
- Women’s Health
- Sexual Health
- End of Life Care
- Care of People with Intellectual Disability
- Care of People who Misuse Drugs and Alcohol
- Care of People with Ear, Nose, Throat, Oral and Facial Problems
- Care of People with Eye Problems
- Care of People with Metabolic Problems
- Care of People with Musculoskeletal Problems
- Physical Examinations
Dr. Shashank Tandon
- MBBS, MD (India).
- Masters in Hypertension from ASH, (USA)
- 16 years of Experience in the field of COPD, Diabetology and Metabolic diseases including Obesity and Dyslipidemia
Dr. Suresh Kumar
- MBBS, MD (India)
- Fellowship in Royal College of Physicians of Glasgow (FRCP)
- Fellowship in Endocrinology (FACE) from American College of Endocrinology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Endocrinology from University of South Wales, UK
- Fellowship in Endocrinology & Metabolism from University of Sydney, Australia
- Fellowship Training in Diabetes from the University of Sydney, Australia
- Member of Association of Physicians of India (API), American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, European Endocrine Society